National Institutes for Water Resources Regional Symposium Water Resources of the US Great Plains Region: Status and Future
October 24 12:00pm - October 26 12:00pm
Nebraska Innovation Campus - Lincoln, NE
The 2018 NIWR Regional Symposium Water Resources of the US Great Plains Region: Status and Future will include talks and perspectives from water leaders in nine states within the Missouri and Arkansas River Watersheds - Montana, the Dakotas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri.
Directors from the Water Resources Research Institutes of those states will share their unique challenges, while also discussing common ones like surface and groundwater contamination, managing water supplies for irrigation, industrial and municipal use, wastewater reuse, impacts of climate change on water resources, conversion to high efficiency irrigation and maintaining ecosystem services for fish and wildlife within the basins. The symposium will also feature a student poster competition with cash prizes and tours of Nebraska Innovation Campus. We hope to see you this fall in Lincoln!
Follow the Nebraska Water Center
- Courtyard Marriott Make Reservations
- 808 "R" Street, Lincoln, NE 68509 (402) 904-4800
- Standard Room @ $117 (continental breakfast not included/provided at event)
- Deadline to secure lodging is October 3rd
- Book your group rate for UNL Neb Water Center, US Great Plains Region Water Conference