Wednesday, November 14, 2012
at The Cornhusker Hotel in Lincoln
Nebraska water law was the focus of this one-day event sponsored by the Nebraska Water Center and College of Law. The Water Law Conference was designed for the practicing attorney, but open to anyone interested.
Continuing Education Credits
- CLEs have been approved by Nebraska. The program offers 7 hours of CLEs, including 1 hour of ethics. The activity number is 71708.
- CLEs have been approved by Colorado. The program offers 8 general credits and 1.2 ethics credits. The course ID number is 732612.
- CLEs have been approved by Iowa. The program offers 7 hours of CLEs, including 1 hour of ethics. The activity number is 91813.
- This program is approved for 7 hours of continuing education credit for all occupations under the Nebraska Water Well Standards and Contractors' Licensing Act.
Water Law Conference goes green! Written materials will be available on this website rather than printed and distributed at the conference. Materials will be added as they're made available by speakers, with a target deadline of Nov 6 to have all materials available.
Presentations and Materials
- David Bargen and Lash Chaffin - Governmental Liability for Water in the Wrong Place: Lessons from the Columbus Sewer Back-up Case (Powerpoint presentation)
- Don Blankenau - Republican River Update: Post-Trial
- Mark Buckley - Economic Evaluation of Ecosystem Services for Policy: Theory and Case Studies (Powerpoint presentation)
- Jesse Korus - Hydrology 101
- Annette Kovar - Everything Old is New Again -- Administrative Practice before DNR and DEQ (Powerpoint presentation)
- Daniel Lindstrom - Water Rights Transfers: Private Sales and NRD Transfers in Nebraska (Powerpoint presentation)
- Stephen Mossman - Alternative Dispute Resolution in Water Disputes (Powerpoint presentation)
- Marcus Powers - Turning Water into Beer: The Impact of Federal, State, & Local Laws on Craft Breweries (Powerpoint presentation)
- LeRoy Sievers - Everything Old is New Again -- Administrative Practice before DNR and DEQ (Powerpoint presentation)
- Tom Wilmoth - Keep Your Head Above Water: Ethics in the Water Law Practice (Powerpoint presentation)
- Sanda Zellmer - 40 Years of Supreme Court Jurisprudence on the Clean Water Act (Powerpoint presentation)